Over a Century of History
Our story begins when Fred Huck relocated from Cape Vincent, NY to the lovely village of Rockport in 1889 to start a boat-building business. Fred’s wife was Ellen Slate, whose family on Grindstone Island, NY, has a heritage of boat building. The Carnegies, Slates and Hucks were pioneers in motorized boats at the turn of the century in the Thousand Islands area.
Subsequently Fred later purchased an 11-acre site in 1905 that would become the marina. There Fred designed and manufactured the Invictus one and two-cylinder engines and compatible wooden boats. He also built the famous St. Lawrence River Skiffs. At the end of World War II, Fred’s son, Ed, and wife, Cassie, were operating both the marina and a tourist lodge now known as the Scenic Lodge and Cabins.
As the 3rd generation of Hucks took over in the late 70s and 80s they continued the marina’s expansion and growth. When the 1990s rolled out, so too did the 4th generation of family ownership. As a result, they brought with them enhanced service and support through greater products, services and technologies.
Today, under the leadership of Scott MacCrimmon, Mark Dalton and Nathan Sheaff, Hucks Marine & Resort is known far and wide for fine boats and outstanding customer service.
Hucks Marine & Resort
In 2019, we celebrated 130 years of boating and announced our brand new name and a great new look!
Subsequent investments in Hucks have enabled us to enrich the lives of all who live, work and play on the water. The new Johnston Building, fuel docks, upgraded decking & shore power at docks, interlocking brick courtyard and driveway, and Gerald H. Huck Building are milestones as we work on the refurbishment of the entire marina to become a first-class destination.
Our progress to date is a big step towards our vision of being one of the top state-of-the-art marinas in Ontario.
Come join us and see all we have to offer. At Hucks, we strive to be your preferred St. Lawrence River marina where we take your experience BEYOND BOATING!