Current job postings at Hucks Marine & Resort
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team, and work with us to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
You can apply for any of our current postings (below) by clicking on the “Apply Now” button, or, if you feel you’d be a great fit for another position at Hucks, we encourage you to send your resume to us at email@example.com
Marina Attendants (Summer Student Position)
Hucks Marine & Resort is hiring! We are looking for Marina Attendants (Summer Student Position) for Summer 2023!
About Us: Hucks Marine & Resort is a full-service marina located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in the 1000 Islands at Rockport (Ontario). We love where we work and what we do, and we strive to provide our customers with exemplary service and an environment that is fun and relaxing.
Overview of the Position: We're looking for students (college/university and/or high-school) to join our Summer Crew to help make sure our customers and visitors have the very best experience during their stay with us. Your tasks include welcoming everyone in a friendly and courteous manner, cleaning boats and marina facilities, grounds keeping and fueling boats.
- Efficiently respond to customer needs at all of the marina facilities including the fielding of general inquiries;
- Clean boats and help maintain the cleanliness of marina facilities including the docks, BBQ areas, fitness facility, washrooms, laundry facilities, offices and the pool;
- Grounds-keeping including weeding flower beds and garbage removal during daily dock walks;
- Provide fuel and holding tank pump-out services at the fuel docks;
- Assist all boats in docking and casting off, and maintain a safe environment for guests, their boats and Crew;
- Perform any related duties as may be required or assigned by your supervisor.
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service;
- Enthusiastic self-starter who loves to work outdoors;
- Boaters license (Pleasure Craft Operator Card) required;
- First Aid and CPR certification is an asset;
- Bilingual in English/French is an asset;
- Available May to Labor Day Weekend 30-40 hours per week including weekends and public holidays.
Use the 'Apply Now' button below to forward your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Hucks Marine & Resort is hiring! We are looking for a full-time Boat Detailer to join our team!
About Us: Hucks Marine & Resort is a full-service marina located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in Rockport (Ontario). We love where we work and what we do, and we strive to provide our customers with exemplary service and an environment that is fun and relaxing.
About You: You are energetic, friendly and polite. You enjoy taking on new challenges and believe in seeing projects through from start to finish. You love working with people including fellow staff members and our valuable customers. You are entrepreneurial, possess strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, flexibility and can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Why Join Us: Hucks is the leader in full-service marinas among the 1000 Islands and offers a competitive salary, an RRSP program, advancement opportunities, benefit plan, and an amazing work environment surrounded by water, boating and fun.
- Maintain the highest level of detailing and cleaning standards of boats being delivered to clients, for display at shows, inventory boats and boats in for service
- Clean exterior of boats, including boat hulls, prior to their storage
- Wash, clean, wax and vacuum boat interiors
- Inspect overall condition of cleaned boats to ensure acceptability to the customer
- Coordinate boat cleaning with Seasonal Staff as required
- Opportunity to grow into Buffing and Waxing boats in future
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience.
- Valid driver's license with your own transportation
- Professional attitude and attire at all times
- Stays focused on jobs at hand and values accomplishment of daily tasks
- Punctual, a self starter, follow direction and hard working
- Good physical mobility
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management
- Must be able to take direction, to work with minimal supervision
- Requires attention to detail and a pride in delivering excellent service
Use the 'Apply Now' button below to forward your resume with references. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.